donderdag 5 november 2009

Necron battles so far ...

Having recently started playing Necrons in 40K, I now have several games behind me.

1st battle : 500 points vs Daemons (objectives / dawn of war).
Got slaughtered and phased out. Necrons are not good at low point battles.

2nd battle : 1500 points vs Tyranids (kill points / dawn of war).
We totally messed up the Dawn of War rules. If I am not mistaken we ran out of time to finish the game but my opponent had a serious lead in kill points already.

3rd battle : 1500 points vs Imperial Guard (Kill points / dawn of war).
This time dawn of war was played correctly. I got to go first. I placed my troops as far up front as possible, blocking my opponent from deploying in cover for 2/3 of the battlefield. He could either deploy in cover in the other corner or leave his troops without cover. He choose the first. I turboboosted my wraiths and destroyer lord boldly forward, used my veil of darkness to deep strike my largest unit of necron warriors in the vicinity of his troops and blasted them for all I was worth. One of my heavy destroyers took out one of his tanks but was killed soon after. I deep striked my scarab swarms and they drew most of his other tanks' fire for at least one round. We ran out of time to finish the game but at that moment, and my opponent had more kill points than I did ...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten